10 New Year’s resolutions
A new year has arrived bringing a fresh new list of resolutions. I like to write down and then read them again, once the year is over, to see what has been achieved and what has not: it is like taking a trip back in time! I find that the wave of innovation and creativity that the new year brings with it have absolutely to be celebrated… There are so many ideas and thoughts in these early days of 2017 that take shape in my head. Before sharing them with you, I want to say something that I consider essential. Whatever you dream to do: just go out and do it! Immediately! Without waiting any longer! And not just because it has just started a new year. Certainly January 1st represents a good starting point, especially psychologically, to begin to do what you want to do… But now we come to my personal list of 10 resolutions for 2017!
1. Continue traveling. “I have not been everywhere, but it’s on my list”: I read this sentence somewhere and I can’t get it out of my head. I want to slow down a little with attending Fashion Weeks, continuing to follow only the events and the designers that I really love, not because fashion is not my passion any more, but because I would like to dedicate more time to traveling. So I hope to create more and more beautiful and interesting contents for my blog and my social media. My next destination is Cape Verde at the end of January: do not miss it!
2. Visit places never seen before. In my Top 5 there are Indonesia, Iceland, Peru, Hawaii and Norway… I’d be curious to know which countries are in your own list! If you follow me on Instagram Stories @lauracomolli you will know that one of these trips is already scheduled!
3. Make new experiences. Whether to try new foods or new sports it doesn’t matter. If there is one thing that I am dying to do is swimming with sea turtles in the reef.
4. Start a YouTube channel and make vlogs. I find them so fun to watch, I’d try to do it myself. This, if you remember, was also one of the good intentions of last year, but have failed to deliver. I’ll try again this year!
5. Stay positive in the face of unexpected events. Getting angry only takes away time and resources to be used to turn the unexpected event in a positive thing. You can not always have everything under control.
6. Be less workaholic. I would like to spend more time with my boyfriend, my family and my friends. Having their support is very important to me, improves mood and makes life more beautiful!
7. Become more aware of what I eat. What we take into our bodies is critical to the health and well-being, as well as physical fitness. I would try to eat less animal protein and more vegetable ones, finding the time to experiment with new recipes.
8. Playing sports. Among the resolutions of last year was to go to the gym with consistency… I went there but not with consistency, because I traveled often. So in 2017 I would like to learn exercises that I can do alone, while traveling, without having to go to the gym.
9. Find the house of my dreams. Even this was a last year’s resolution, the one that I regretted the most not being able to accomplish. I really hope this is the good year!
1o. Launch the redesign of my blog.It will be a new blog, more immediate and more interactive, with more space for things never done before… I’ve been working for a few months and I hope by the end of January to be able to launch it! Speaking about it, if you have suggestions or wishes about how you would like to see in the blog after yhe redesign please write them in the comments below. I know that the world of blogging has changed a lot in recent times, so I would really enjoy to hear from you and be inspired by your thoughts.
I thank you for the incredible past year together! Everything I did would not have been possible without the support of all of you, my faithful readers, people who visit my Instagram profile, watch my Stories and follow my Facebook and Twitter pages. I am grateful. This blog is for you: let’s make it better, together.