Glowing skin without makeup: My beauty ritual
Today I want to share with you a new beauty ritual that I’ve been doing for the past month or so. After the Fashion Month my skin was s bit dull, visibly dehydrated. Surely the lack of sleep combined with the change of diet, stress and too many trips, not to mention the change of season, contributed to the loss of tone. I felt a huge need t obring life into balance, and bringing skin into balance was a key part of that process. Now it’s back to being glowing and I feel beautiful without makeup!
I will explain step by step how to put into effect my new beauty ritual using products from Tulasāra line by Aveda. Tulasāra in Sanskrit means “moving toward balance” and consists of a family of products that is inspired by Ayurveda, the ancient art of healing that comes from India. It works to help accelerate skin’s natural ability to restore: for this reason, the 97% of the ingredients used in the formulations are of natural derivation (coming from plants, non-petroleum mineral or water).
1. The first step consists into facial dry brushing with the Facial dry brush. You use it on clean and dry skin: it features super soft bristles (such as the ones of makeup brushes), expertly cut into rounded peaks to massage the skin and have easy access to the contours of the face. You brush starting from the center of the forehead, moving clockwise into circular motions towards the outside, until reaching the neck and avoiding the eye. Brushing gently remove dead skin cells, stimulating the microcirculation. The result after this step is noticeable: my skin looks smoother, brighter, and less bloated. Exfoliation also prepares the skin to receive subsequent treatment, allowing them to penetrate even deeper.
I must admit that the first time I used this brush I was a bit worried, because I thought my skin, in itself very sensitive and responsive to any kind of pressure, would get redness. But I was pleasantly surprised because the brush is not at all abrasive!
2. Now you need to return nutrients to the skin with the Radiant oleation oil, a blend of six 100% naturally- derived vegetable oils suitable for all skin types. Jojoba, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, wild rose, apricot and sweet almond give the ideal consistency to perform a massage. And it is exactly the way this product should be applied to the skin, with a vigorous massage on the facial areas that have been previously brushed: it relieves muscle tension and awaken the energies that lead to have a radiant complexion. It should not be rinsed off immediately, but left in place for approximately four minutes, after you can proceed with the cleaning and rinsing.
3. Then is the moment for the application of three sera, three targeted formulas that I use according to the needs of my skin.
– Firm concentrate: anti-wrinkle treatment that works against the first signs of aging. It contains bio-fermented peptides that promote the natural production of collagen, in addition to the extract of almond nut that tightens the skin, leaving it more compact and defined.
– Bright concentrate: treatment that brightens and evens out the complexion by reducing the visibility of spots and skin discolorations. It contains extract of licorice root and glucosamine, which accelerates cells renewal.
– Calm concentrate: treatment for sensitive skin that offers relief from redness and irritation. Each bottle contains more than 100,000 red raspberry plant stem cells known for their restorative power. It also contains pomegranate fruit extract that instantly soothes the skin.
These sera aren’t greasy at all: they absorbed instantly. With prolonged use, they reinforce the barrier of our skin by helping to protect against external agents that can damage its appearance.
4. I conclude the ritual by applying a moisturizer for the face and a specific one for the delicate eye area.
Surely this ritual requires a few more minutes than usual: you must concentrate on yourselves, away from the phone, external impulses and stress factors. However, I can tell you honestly, they are well worth it!
After a few weeks I was pleasantly surprised by the results, so that now my skin is bright and radiant and very often I leave the house without applying make-up!
What is your beauty routine? I’m curious to read your comments and tips!
Happy Wednesday to all of you!
ULTIMI POST | LATEST POST